8.04.2009

Alison Blickle


I haven't posted anything art related in a little while.

I really like Alison Blickle's paintings of a skinny lady running through a'many natural environments. Sometimes it seems that a portrayal of a natural woman has lost its "natural" aspects. If anything, the entirety of being disconnected from what is woman and what isn't is making this explanation hard to convey. There are many different perspectives on what is considered a modern woman or a woman who is independent. These paintings really convey this confusion, in my opinion. The mix of the body type and environment, Rousseau-esque, is a way of showing the detachment of humans from the natural world. And, more importantly, a woman in a natural world.

Although, I can't say that I agree or disagree with how I am viewing these paintings. Getting past those aspects of it, some of the women look like they drank a little bit too much cough medicine. There is a mix of equator jungle plants within' evergreens. The colors are simply awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment