10.12.2009

death!

I told myself to quit posting a bunch of unruly prose gasping on about how annoying my life is at the moment but unfortunately, I am going to do it again.

My childhood cat is dying and she may get better. I am not sure what the case is but I always know how sick pet situations go. She was my kitty. For so long, before I moved, she liked me and only me. This kind of thing is always enjoyable as well. She kept me sane during my teenage years so having a cat that hated the rest of the family made me feel special. One day she ran away for three months and then came back. Soon afterward we had to remove one of her legs because a bullet shattered the entire bone. There were two things I hated after that: guns and people with guns.

I didn't take her with me when I moved out of that house at eighteen because she was an outdoor cat. She came in a bit during the winter but the outdoors was where she preferred to stay. I could not have an outdoors cat in Columbia so I left her where she was comfortable.

But now she's dying and I am not very happy about it. I already had plans to go visit my family next weekend so hopefully she'll be okay. Apparently she got some kind of infection and is in an animal hospital. She may pull through, she's a trooper and is not that old.

This time of the year brings bad tidings for me anyway, but it is usually closer to November when the nonsense happens. Two Novembers ago I lost two cats in two days and in the same week I had an aunt that swallowed nails and died the next day. She died the same day that her mother (my grandma) died (in 1986) and in the same hospital room. The entire winter I was in a weird "friendship/relationship" with an alcoholic and spent most of the time I received that news sitting in his apartment petting his cats and smoking cigarettes. He was more intrigued with the nails story than I was. There are few reactions that you can have to something like that. Oh, my aunt swallowed nails? She died in a style comparable to Sylvia Plath? Those are the genes that I have in me?

I don't know how this entry went from cat to nail swallowing. Anyway, Audrey, please relax and make a line break. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment