9.03.2009

Real life dreams

It's funny when I wake up from travel dreams because as soon as I do I realize that they are just a reflection of a life, not so long lived, all within' 20 minutes of a dream sequence. It's just a metaphor in a dream for my entire life and its absurdities and I find it to be quite humorous how everything can be chalked up in such a way:

I get friends together to plan out a trip somewhere. We chose Athens, Greece and get ready to go. But, somehow in the dream we never end up in Athens and end up traveling the Southwest in a really strange train mobile.

Halfway through the dream my friend who came with me and the people who did not know me disengaged me from their contact because I was not in line waiting for a ticket when the line was moving and was instead searching for a bathroom to change my clothes.

Throughout the rest of the dream if I did find these people, who I started considering old friends, they just showed their hatred and disappointment in me, wondering how I could be so absent-minded in times of seriousness within' a line to get tickets.

The entire time I was uncomfortable in my clothes. I never got to change my clothes because the bathroom kept on being stared into. A little girl was looking into my stall, "STOP LOOKING IN HERE CAN I NOT GET ANY PRIVACY?!" "Well, I am sorry ma'am but we're just so packed in here."

The majority of the "trip" was spent without my friend(s) around so I kept on meeting new people. One was a man in army attire that refused to get his hands off of me. I was stuck sitting next to this creature for quite a bit of the trip.

Traveling the Southwest and its dry lakes (dream lakes by the way) was beautiful and all but when the fuck was I taking off to Athens?

I find out I have been duped into a trip I did not ask for as a result of me playing the trip by ear. I had to pay a separate amount for the train ride around the Southwest and I have no idea how I even got on it, other than just simply following the line of people where they were supposed to go. They all seemed to understand it, except me. I just paid it and went on because when you're trapped, you're trapped. And I needed to get away from the military man who was fixated on me.

Then, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment