8.18.2009

5:30 AM

I am so happy that the rooster of Kansas City midtown woke me up at 5:30 this morning.

Someone decided to turn on a recording of a woman's murder and play it repeatedly. It echoed throughout the neighborhood and sounded like it was playing through some really loud speakers. I tried to pick apart the words, they were a bit warped because of the echoing, which ended up driving me into a half asleep state of terrified paranoia. There is only so much patience for blood-curdling screams. How endearing, Kansas City.

I remember when I first moved here I wanted to move away immediately. But then I thought, "Oh Audrey don't be a panzy! Just wait for the first rooster of Midtown. Then you'll see what it's like. Then you'll rise with the sun. It's a good feeling to 'embrace the day.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment