7.19.2009

Columbus Park, KC

Sorry I keep on updating today, folks. I have either been in a stage of depression and funk or have been full of hopeful inspiration.

But besides that, yesterday I recommended that my dad come to Kansas City for his birthday and go to Garozzos. The restaurant was amazing. But more importantly, it's located in this part of town that I fell in love with upon entering, Columbus Park. There is not a place like it around here, that I have noticed. I want to explore it soon if anyone is interested. I want to raid some Asian markets and Vietnamese restaurants. Somehow, this area resembles something that is not Kansas City. For those who do not live here, I wish I could find photos of some of the neighborhoods. If I get my camera up and running I may be doing just that.

1 comment:

  1. hey audrey! my dad used to, exclusively, dine in columbus park or the city market/downtown area because it's so free of franchises (which he despises.) anyway, there are some WONDERFUL places down there. there's a place called vietnam cafe (that used to be kim nguyen's deli) that is SO GREAT! their soup and spring rolls are perfect. (and affordable!) we'll go explore soon. we should also explore northeast kc b/c that's just the next 'hood over.

    ReplyDelete